Monday, December 15, 2008

Leftover Masterpieces

By now everyone should be sick of left overs. We spent the weekend with nothing but leftovers. I told my son & hubby that the left overs don't need to be the same old same old. I made sure to vaccum seal the food and put most of it in the freezer to preserve it. No need in leaving stuff in the fridge to let it go bad.

My son came to me last night and told me that he needed lunch for his trip today. I told him he could fashion up a great lunch right here in the kitchen. He looked at me crazy and said he wouldn't be able to heat up leftovers in the microwave. *sigh* I took him im the kitchen and made him get the turkey, stuffing, hot wing sauce, shredded cheese, ham, flour tortillas and lettuce. Again, a puzzled look. I had him place two tortillas in between damp towels and microwave until warm and soft. In a bowl, he shredded some turkey and added some hot wing sauce to a bowl and tossed until it was coated. He took one tortilla and spread a little of the warmed up stuffing in a thin layer, the coated turkey, and shredded cheese cheddar. I then had him put it in the over to warm it until the cheese melted. Once that was done, he added some lettuce then wrapped it. Voila! A buffalo turkey wrap. He loved it!

Then he decided to do a second one himself. He cut up some ham & warmed it, got some shredded italian blend cheese and put them on the tortilla. He warmed until the cheese melted, then added shredded lettuce and some honey mustard and made a second wrap. He had that with a side of macaroni salad and he was done. He premade his lunch (both wraps) for lunch today. It doesn't take much (in terms of food) to make my son happy.

There are many other ways you can turn your leftovers into tasty lunches. You have to be unafraid to get creative and bold with it. Leftovers don't need to be boring and bland. And if you have a pannini gril, George Foreman Grill, or even a waffle iron, you can get even more creative. For more recipe ideas, reach out to us at thymeoutformom @ gmail.com.

Adrienne Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment